...Until mid-January, when I was finishing a project and was running out of the yarn that I was using. Had to make an EMERGENCY purchase. Well, it was all in the service of finishing a project. (You know that last year's theme was perseverance, so I was just continuing that, right?) But really, let's face it, January: FAIL.
Ok, so on to February, which is a short month so I should be able to suppress my yarn addiction for 28 days. All went well throughout the month. Now, I may be on a yarn diet, but I'm not on a fiber diet (got some luscious new wool blend fr
Just then, a series of events rattled my diet world. First, I got the new KnitPicks catalog. OMG, really? Right when I was at my most vulnerable, after going through three weeks of yarn buying withdrawal, I go to the mailbox and pull out the catalog filled with vibrant yarn that is so lovely you can see in the pictures how smooshy it is. My resolve weakened a bit, but I didn't order anything from KnitPicks.
Second, a designer on Ravelry, Valerie Johnson, who designed the Elphaba fingerless gloves that I love, emailed me because she saw that I had posted on our Maple City Ravelers discussion board that I was looking for some self-striping yarn to make those mitts. She told me she has some for sale in her Etsy shop, and her yarn looks so luscious. "Wow, what great customer service," I replied, as I drooled and worked hard to remain strong in my yarn diet commitment.
The last straw was getting an email from Jimmy Beans Wool, my all-time favorite online yarn shop. As it turns out, my "Jimmy Beans Bucks" (quarterly rebate) were set to expire on February 28. Did you hear me, I said EXPIRE! I was going to LOSE SEVEN DOLLARS if I didn't buy some yarn by the end of the month. To top it off, when I asked my knitting friends what I should do, they agreed that I needed to buy some yarn. (Thank you, my enabler pretties.)
I put an order in for some Malabrigo and Madelinetosh sock yarn as well as some delicious Arucania cotton in a jade color. March is a long month. Can I make it?
No comments:
Post a Comment